Sunday, August 12, 2012

Photo!

I was lucky enough to visit many different places this summer; however, I was not allowed to have the book with me at the time.  :(  I thought many times how interesting it would have been to have The Great Gatsby with me while I was literally stuck in the middle of a major protest in Madrid or how interesting it would have been to have a picture with The House of Mirth during the nationwide celebration of Spain winning the Eurocup.  While my photo is not as interesting as it could have been, I tried to do something I thought no one else had done.  My photo was taken with a record player that was in use during both the Gilded Age and the Roaring Twenties.  The names of the owners are written inside and the years during which they owned it.  The earliest date on the record player I believe in 1892.  I have included a picture of the inside hoping the dates were visible but it seems the flash has made them indistinguishable.



No comments:

Post a Comment